Student Technology Survival Guide (Mac)
|Student Survival Guide|
|This article is part of the
Student Survival Guide Series
This page is designed to give students more information on how to perform important tasks on a Mac that will be crucial to his or her time here at WSU.
Where can I find more information about the E-Warrior Digital Life and Learning Program?
One very important place to find helpful information is the Resources Tab on the Winona State website.
Student Laptop Distribution Support
Mobile Devices and Agreements
- Laptop Distribution vs Exchange
- Mobile Device Agreement Video
- Where can I find the *Student WSU Technology Agreement?
- Student Safe Computing
- I am a new student at WSU and was wondering how to get my D2L username and password, as well as my WSU email.
- WSU eMail is through Microsoft Office 365. You can get to the web version from the Winona State Website.
- Desktop setup documentation can be found here
- The Outlook App is available and great to use on mobile devices.
- Where can I find out more about my WSU password?
- What happens to my email when I graduate?
Cloud File Storage
Microsoft Office 365 Services
How do I use the printers on campus?
Where do I go if I have a technical question?
- You can get technical support in Somsen 207 or Library 105
- Information about the Technical Support Center
- Information about the eWarrior Digital Learning Program
- What does Walk-In Support do?
- What do I do if my laptop is lost or stolen?
- Is there somewhere I can get help online?
How can I make sure my computer data is safe?
External Optical Drive
Where can I find more information about the WSU network?
- Where can I find information about the StudentClubs or the StudentWebs servers?
- Can I connect to the network off campus using a VPN client?
- How do I install programs from the network?
- Where can I purchase software from the university?
- Which WSU Password should I use for what?
I have some basic questions about how to use my Mac?
- I'm new to Mac and I'm used to PC, what are some similarities?
- Does Apple have a general walkthrough?
- How do I take a screenshot?
- How should I go about cleaning my computer?
- Where can I find more information about iTunes?
- How do I rename a folder/file?
- Where can I find general information about how to use Microsoft Word?
Other Important Information
- Receiving your laptop and tablet
- What is e-Wazoo?
- Can I switch platforms if I'm not due for an exchange?
- Where can I find info on the current laptop models?
- Where can I review the information that was covered in the laptop distributions/exchanges?
- Can I get more information about the graduate buyout program?
- Can I rent a laptop or other equipment?
- Exchanging Your WSU Laptop
- Connecting Wireless Media Devices to the Warrior Network